The Gebrüder Heyl Analysentechnik GmbH & Co. KG company is a developer and manufacturer of analytical devices for water, control systems for water treatment plants and reagents for rapid manual water analysis. The products are primarily used in industry to monitor water quality in operational processes. Areas where this is important include
- in boiler houses to avoid limescale build-up and therefore save on energy costs,
- in the food industry and the chemical and pharmaceutical industries to monitor the water that goes into products, and
- for water companies to monitor water quality and avoid corrosion or deposits in the pipelines.
The Gebrüder Heyl Analysentechnik GmbH & Co. KG company was founded in Hildesheim in 1958 and currently employs around 45 staff. In addition, Gebr. Heyl Analysentechnik has three subsidiaries: Gebr. Heyl Vertriebsgesellschaft für innovative Wasseraufbereitung mbH, also headquartered in Hildesheim with approximately 17 employees, Heyl France SARL with headquarters near Paris and 6 employees, and Heyl Brothers North America L.P. with an office in Chicago, IL, USA.
Our environmental policy determines the environmental protection principles that we follow at Gebr. Heyl Analysentechnik GmbH & Co. KG. It is defined by the management and is generally binding.
As a commercial enterprise, we are a part of society and also a part of the environment and ecosystem. A sense of responsibility towards society, the environment and the ecosystem is essential for ensuring our children will have a happy and prosperous future.
As a commercial enterprise, we are committed to our particular responsibility to protect our natural environment. We know that free resources such as water, air, soil, flora and fauna should be used carefully.
To this end, we commit to acting according to the following principles:
- We consider the safety and protection of people and the environment as an issue of fundamental importance. Our management will review these environmental policy guidelines regularly to meet new requirements. We will continuously develop and improve procedures for effective implementation in operational practice and implement them. The management provides the necessary framework for this and makes the resources needed available.
- We strengthen the sense of personal environmental responsibility in all employees and sharpen our eye for potential environmental pollution through personal conduct, commercial operations and our products. Every employee is equally responsible for the protection of the environment.
- We encourage and reward employee involvement in improving environmental performance through an easy to use idea management system, short decision making processes and the equal evaluation of all suggestions for improvement.
- To protect our employees, neighbours, customers, consumers and the environment, we continually reduce the dangers and risks associated with the manufacture, distribution, use, utilisation and disposal of our products.
- Safety, health and environmental aspects are already taken into account during the development of new products. Products harmful to health and the environment are avoided where technically and chemically possible.
- We take the questions and concerns of the public regarding our products and company activities seriously and deal with them in a constructive manner.
- We inform our customers about the safe application, utilisation and disposal of our products. We constantly work to improve our knowledge of the possible effects of products, product processes and their environmental aspects on humans and the environment.
- We take a responsible approach to resource management.
- We understand the particular national legal and regulatory conditions as minimum requirements and strive for a higher level of safety, health and environmental conservation.
Updated: December 2016